- Even more importantly, if anyone had read the IPO prospectus, they also would have learned the following, all of which was expressed in a letter written directly to prospective shareholders by CEO Mark Zuckerberg:
- Facebook's social mission is more important to Mark Zuckerberg than Facebook's business.
- Facebook's business exists to support Facebook's product development, not the other way around.
- Facebook's CEO is an extremely patient man who does not flinch under criticism.
- Facebook will never care as much about clients and shareholders as it does about its service and users.
- Facebook cares about the long term, not the short term (read: decades, not months).